Do you sing or play an instrument? Are you interested in arranging a piece of video game music for a full orchestra and choir? Are you at least 18 years old? We’d love to hear from you!
The Washington Metropolitan Gamer Symphony Orchestra is always open to membership requests. We have immediate openings in our string section (particularly low strings) and brass section, particularly horn and trombone. Please read through our membership facts below, and submit your information through the form at the bottom if you’d like to hear from us.
- Rehearsals are held on most Monday evenings in the Rockville, Md., area.
- Rehearsal times are typically 7:30 to 9:30 p.m, though may shift at times for sectionals.
- Membership fees are $25 per concert season. Funds are available to assist members in paying fees.
- WMGSO performs an annual spring and fall concert series, with additional opportunities for full ensemble and small ensemble performances throughout the year.
Our Audition Process
Once you sign up, our Ensemble Manager will contact you to schedule a date to attend one of our rehearsals, if there are openings in the section you'd like to join. During the rehearsal, you will:
- Play through passages (provided in advance) with only the Music Director, Section Leader, and Ensemble Manager attending.
- Meet your Section Leader and perform with the ensemble as if you were a regular member. This is your chance to let us know what you're capable of and get a feel for the ensemble and see if it is right for you.
We will email you to notify you of the result of your audition and whether we need to schedule another audition.
If WMGSO does not have openings for your primary instrument, it may be possible for you to join on one of your secondary instruments, or as an alternate player. We will be happy to notify you as openings become available.
Want to submit an arrangement for WMGSO to perform?
Membership in WMGSO is not a prerequisite to submit an arrangement. Ensemble leadership evaluates pieces to add to the repertoire on a continual basis. See our Arranger Submission Guidelines for more details on how to submit!
Interested in joining WMGSO?
Please fill out the following form and we will contact you with additional information.